It’s nearly St. Patrick’s Day, and so my thoughts turn to Ireland: an ancient and mysterious land filled with landscapes of intense beauty. Ireland always extends welcoming arms to visitors, and it’s one of my all-time favorite destinations.
May the road rise to meet you…and carry you to Eire!
If you’d like to read some of my past posts about Ireland, click below.
- An Irish Dolmen and a Magical Dog
- Full Circle: Standing Stones & Driving in Ireland
- Time Traveling to Ireland’s Temple House
- Take a Celtic Seaweed Bath on Ireland’s Coast
- On Downings Beach
- Legendary Green Spa in Ireland
- Jedi Knights Arrive in Ireland
- My Hunt for Irish Sheela-Na-Gigs
- Archways into the Irish Past (about sheela-na-gigs)
You can find information about travel in Ireland at Discover Ireland.
—Laurel Kallenbach, freelance writer and editor